Friday, June 7, 2013

Transformation Blog Hop

Howdy, friends!! Welcome to the Scrapbooking from the Inside Out Design Team Blog Hop! We are showcasing layouts by the current design team using the June kit TRANSFORMATION. If you just got here, make sure you go to the beginning at Melissa's blog so you don't miss out! 
This hop is super cool, as we are bidding a fond farewell to our outgoing team members AND introducing you to our terrific TEEN COLLECTIVE. We are combining the Teen Designers from CreateU with our Design Team at SFTIO. This is a wonderful opportunity to have each of these girls give their perspective of the monthly emotion. Each Teen Designer will be joining us for one month as a Guest Designer and hanging out with us on our website and forum.

Here's my layout:


As you know I'm a "quote girl"... quotes can usually express exactly how I am feeling, but much more eloquently. I love this one, as we are so often bogged down by our junk and the stuff we hold onto. Sometimes, we just need to let it go so that we are ready for new things! We gotta stop hanging on to the past...it's preventing us from the reward of the future!
I love the soft colors of the strips of paper against the black background.. I also used the wood veneer, flipped it over and painted my own border on it, since I didn't want to use the sentiment already printed there. What, Lori? You can do that!? OF COURSE! Same with the little frame around my picture...I just covered the pre-printed sentiment with a little flower embellishment and still got to use the cute chalkboard-y frame!



Prizes? Oh yeah, there are prizes!! Leave me a comment telling me the first thing you think of when you hear "TRANSFORMATION"? Leave your comment here by midnight EST Saturday and the winner will be announced by Monday on Facebook and the SFTIO blog.

You should have arrived here from HEATHER'S blog
Your next and last step is the SFTIO blog!
(If you missed a step, start over at MELISSA'S blog)

Thanks for hopping with us!! Make sure to visit Scrapbooking from the Inside Out. We have a FREE Inspiration Page giving you loads of ideas using our current emotion, a welcoming forum and you can grab your own kit here!


7 comments:

Melody said...

To me transformation is changing from one thing to another. The process does have to be finish yet to see the changes.

melodyj(at)gmail(dot)com

msmith434343 said...

Love your layout! Love the bright colors against the black, and the picture and quote are powerful! The first thing that comes to mind with transformation is change for the better.

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous, bold layout! Love the texture. The first thing I think of when you say transformation is a caterpillar to a butterfly.

JJsMomSteph said...

transformation=change

Martine said...

beautiful LO! love the strips of colors on the black background and the white misting! the first image that comes to mind when I think of transformation is that of a caterpillar and butterfly!

scrapinmomma said...

A transformation is a change in something. I had a transformation on Thursday as I had a haircut and my color lightened with highlights.

Brittany Fitch said...

I think simply of change when I think of transformation. I also think of my outlook transforming to more positive over the years.